CENOTES OF YUCATAN
You will have a unique tour today, riding a horse-driven wagon and stopping at 3 different cenotes of Yucatan in Santa Barbara. Each one is different due to the way it was formed. These geological formations were considered sacred for the Mayan civilization as they represented a connection between the living and the underworld. Through them, they could reach the gods and show them their appreciation by sending gifts. They believed this way they’ll never run out of the vital element, water.
*This is a shared tour. If you require any variation in the tour, click on “Request more info”.
**This is an aproximate departure time, it may vary a few minutes depending on the location of your hotel. The exact pick up time will be confirmed through your appriopriate voucher.
- DepartureAt your hotel in downtown Merida City.
- Departure Time9:00 AM. Pick-up times may vary depending upon the location of your hotel. The exact pick-up time will be confirmed after the reservation has been made.
- Bring sunscreen and mosquito repellent.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Discover and swim in 3 beautiful cenotes.
- Experience a ride on traditional wagons pulled by horses. These wagons are best known as “truck”.
- Discover more about the Mayan underworld.
- English speaking guide during the tour.
- Round transportation.
- Truck or bike ride included.
- Entrance fees.
- Beverages at meals.
- Items of personal nature.
- Tips to the guide.