Cooking Class & Market Tasting
Immerse yourself in the local culture with this cooking class!
Explore the distinctive flavors of Yucatecan cuisine at a cooking class in a Merida home, preparing a traditional three-course meal alongside a local chef.
You’ll start in the vibrant Merida’s market, Lucas de Galvez, shopping for some fresh fruits, vegetables, and recados, or Yucatecan spice blends. At the same time, you will get to taste traditional local meals.
After the tour market, your guide will take you to the local home by Uber. Your local host will be waiting for you.
The cooking class will start and your guide and your host will teach you step by step how to prepare a three-course menu while you will be getting interesting facts. You will be able to taste some local fruits drinks and local beers.
Then, the table will be set and you will enjoy the delicious meals you prepared!
Finally, your guide will arrange your transportation to go back to Merida’s downtown.
From the marketplace to the home kitchen, this cooking class is a great way to experience Yucatec cuisine and get a glimpse of daily life in the bustling city.
You will get to:
-Get a market tasting around Merida’s main market
-Learn the flavors and ingredients of the Yucatecan cooking
-Shop fresh ingredients in the local market
-Meet a local cook in a home kitchen
-Get a cooking class and eat a delicious 3-course meal
- Includes drinks, snacks, and lunch
- Instant Confirmation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 7 years are free of charge
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian and Vegan option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 Adults per booking is required
- Transportation is by Uber
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Operated by Adventures Mexico
*If you require any variation in the tour, click on “Request more info”.
*If you are traveling with children, please contact us to learn more about our children’s payment policies.
- DepartureHotel Caribe (inner corner of Parque Hidalgo, calle 59 x 60, centro) / Hotel Caribe or your hotel at Merida´s Historic Center.
- Departure Time9:00 AM
- Return Time14:00-15:00 hrs.
- IncludedLunchMeals and BeveragesRound TransportationEntry FeesEnglish Speaking Guide
- Not IncludedTips To The GuideItems of Personal NatureBreakfast