Merida Market Tasting & Cooking Class
fImmerse yourself in the local culture with this cooking class! This Merida Market Tasting and Cooking Class tour will take you by foot to the local market. First, you’ll discover amazing traditional dishes. Furthermore, you’ll get to taste delicious local fruits. In addition, you’ll learn about the customs and traditions of Yucatan. After buying all your supplies, you’ll take an exciting bus ride to the local home. Finally, your host and guide will guide you step by step to cook a traditional menu.
*If you require any variation in the tour, click on “Request more info”.
*If you are traveling with children, please contact us to learn more about our children payment policies.
- DepartureHotel Caribe (inner corner of Parque Hidalgo, calle 59 x 60, centro) / Hotel Caribe or your hotel at Merida´s Historic Center.
- Departure Time9:00 AM
- Return Time14:00-15:00 hrs.
- Bring sunscreen and mosquito repellent.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Cultural immersion.
- Learn about Yucatecan gastronomy, the origins and influences.
- Go local! Support local farmers.
- Spend time in a local home and learn about the Yucatecan lifestyle.
- English speaking guide during the tour.
- Bus ride and Uber back to downtown Mérida.
- Meals and beverages.
- Ingredients for cooking Class.
- Tastings at market.
- Items of personal nature.
- Tips to the guide.